Don’t suffer a lifetime of consequences

One drink can cause a lifetime of consequences. We’re here to help mitigate the consequences of an underage drinking offense.

Schedule A Free Consultation

How Can We Help?

The testimonials and endorsements listed do not reflect all of the feedback the firm has received. Each case is unique and must be evaluated on its individual merits. Prior results do not guarantee a similar outcome.

How We Help

Get the best possible outcome.

An underage drinking charge will raise insurance rates, and can impact future employment and college entrance opportunities.

Here at Minick Law, we want to understand your goals and expectations. Our Criminal Defense Attorneys will work with you to get the best outcome possible for your case.

Clear your record.

Underage drinking can remain on your record for years. Don’t let a criminal charge ruin your chances for future opportunities.

Minick Law’s team of defense attorneys will work to get your underage drinking charge dismissed and removed from your record.

Don’t let one mistake ruin your life.

We’ve all made mistakes. The attorneys at Minick Law will fight to minimize your penalties and consequences as much as possible.

We’ll help make sure that your underage drinking charge won’t set you up for failure.

Contact Our Wilmington Office

Minick Law, P.C. of Wilmington

Address: 321 N Front St #210, Wilmington, NC

Phone:(910) 300-9995Fax: (828) 212-4300

Cities We Serve: Bolivia, Burgaw, Elizabethtown, Wilmington, and Whiteville.

Counties We Serve: Bladen, Brunswick, Columbus, New Hanover, and Pender.

Frequently Asked Questions for Wilmington Underage Drinking Lawyers

Can a 21 year old get in trouble for drinking with minors?

Yes, especially if the police officers believe that the 21 year old has provided those other minors with alcohol. In this case, the 21 year old can be charged with aiding and abetting an underage person or helping an underage person get alcohol, which is a crime.

Oftentimes, if the police get involved and no one is taking ownership of the alcohol or other crimes occurring, the officers will charge everyone and let the DA sort it out down the road.

What happens if a 21 year old buys alcohol for a minor?

There are a lot of potential outcomes for that charge, depending on the county and the person’s record. If they’ve never been in trouble before, then it is possible to get a deferred prosecution on their case; requiring community service, an alcohol assessment, or some other recommended treatment.

If the person has a bad enough criminal history, the court may not be willing to dismiss it and push the case to trial.

Can a person under 21 transport alcohol?

Yes, but only if they have an adult in the car with them and the alcohol does not appear to be for their own use or consumption.

Outside of driving the family vehicle with an adult in the car & groceries in the back, or being a server at a restaurant, people under 21 are not supposed to possess alcohol.

What happens if you get caught drinking under 21 in NC?

With underage drinking, a lot depends on the county and the person’s prior criminal history. Oftentimes, a first offender of underage drinking will have their charges dismissed, if they do some combination of community service, alcohol assessment, and treatment.

What happens if you get caught with alcohol under 21?

Just like with underage drinking, it depends on the county and the person’s prior criminal history. If it’s a first kind of alcohol related offense for a person under the age of 21, they will generally do a combination of community service, alcohol assessment, and treatment. This will typically result in a case dismissal.

What happens if you get caught drinking at school?

If caught drinking in school, you’ll often be given a criminal charge (consumption of alcohol or possession of alcohol) issued by the court system as well as a disciplinary hearing by the educational facility. The latter charge may depend on your past disciplinary record, but many schools will require some sort of detention, suspension, or work camp, etc.

Is providing alcohol to a minor a felony?

No, providing alcohol to a minor is NOT a felony.

What is the charge for giving a minor alcohol?

The charge is “Aiding and Abetting a Person Under the Age of 21” and the “Possession or Consumption of Alcohol.” This is a class 1 misdemeanor.

Get the defense you need from a law firm that cares.

Gint Krulikas


Gint Krulikas graduated Magna Cum Laude from the Charlotte School of Law in Charlotte, NC.


Learn More

At law school, he was a Presidential Honor’s Scholar, a recipient of a full merit scholarship, Associate Editor of the Property Law Journal, and a member of the Order of the Crown. Gint also graduated Magna Cum Laude from Appalachian State University with a degree in Business Management. 

Gint has successfully completed the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration’s course on DWI Detection and Standardized Field Sobriety Testing, the same 24 hour course that police officers throughout the nation undergo to properly investigate DWI’s.  

Download the Free Guide

Court Etiquette: The Essential Guide to Making a Great Impression at Your Court Appearance

Advice from lawyers on what to wear, how to behave, and how to talk to a judge.